This plugin allows you to use a path inside a Group for a Follow Me operation on a Face outside the Group.
This plugin is at the stage where it works in simple situations, but may not be reliable or stable. Use with caution.
Update 2010-Dec (small change)
- Valid Faces are highlighted as the mouse is moved over them.
- Changed filename (see note at end of post.)
- Open a Group for editing, and right-click a Face.
- Select Follow This from the context menu.
- The Group will close.
- Move the mouse over a Face you want to extrude, then select it using the right mouse button.
To install, right-click the link below and select "Save As" to save the file to your computer. Move the file into your SketchUp Plugins folder, and restart Sketchup
- Download plugin: jf_follow_this.rb <-- Right-click, and select "Save Link As" or "Save Target As"
- Once saved, move or copy the file to your SketchUp Plugins folder.
- The "Follow This" item will appear when right-clicking a Face.
- Note: This file should replace any file named follow_this1.rb (if installed.)