Revit and AutoCAD's Visual Styles - A SketchUp alternative?

I'm amazed at this article. First off, he's positioned SketchUp as the paragon of conceptual presentation software - not bad!

Of course the model is already done in Revit, so why not use AutoCAD for presentation - you probably have it laying around anyway...

And did you know AutoCAD's visual style can be printed directly to paper? What will they think of next?

One final quote:

It’s a pity Revit doesn’t have this sort of display effect built in but, until it does, give AutoCAD a go.


(Sorry, Robin. I couldn't resist.)

(article)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"First off, he's positioned SketchUp as the paragon of conceptual presentation software - not bad!"

Well, for AEC concepts I reckon it is :-)

I wouldn't suggest buying Revit and AutoCAD just for concepts, what SketchUp does well, if you have them already...
A lot of Revit users, with Revit Suites, do have AutoCAD lying around! It comes in the box yet they may not have a commercial SketchUp License.

I probably could have written that print comment better but still encounter people, mostly non-operator management types, who aren't aware the AutoCAD concept styles are WYSIWYG rather than rendered (to an image) for printing.

J said...

robinz,

Thanks for commenting, clarifying, and adding real value to my uninformed and baited posting. I will improve with experience.

Anonymous said...

No worries! Thanks to it, and a vanity search that found it, I have another SketchUp blog to follow!

Popular Posts (Last 30 Days)